Sunday, January 27, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Really like the lyrics of this song.. It's like a poem :)
Monday, January 21, 2008
To remember his greatness, the following was an ingenious play by him when he played against Donald Byrne in 1956
In the above, Fischer's queen was being attacked by the white bishop at c5. Instead of moving his queen away, he sacrificed it by moving his bishop to e6! In exchange of the queen, he gained massive attack opportunities with his minor pieces and finally won the game.
For those of you who don't know how to play chess, the queen is the most powerful pieces from your army and it's a big decision when you choose to sacrifice it. Despite this, Bobby Fischer had the insight to foresee that the sacrifice was worth it. (If you're interested in the complete game record, you can see it here)
Rest in peace Bobby!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
“It doesn’t matter how good or bad the product is, the fact is that people don’t read anymore,” he said. “Forty percent of the people in the U.S. read one book or less last year. The whole conception is flawed at the top because people don’t read anymore.”I was in doubt. After googling for a while, I found that it probably is true:
Updates: I made a mistake; 40% of the people read a book or less doesn't mean that the other 60% don't read at all. But still, 40% is a pretty big number..
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
And today I saw the ad of Dell XPS One and love its look! (I know it was out like two months ago already, so pardon my slowness)
When my old desktop retires, I probably will go get one :)
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Recently, a simple idea came to me and it helps explain why you feel that old friends are more genuine: not because they're more genuine people but that you're also treating them genuinely.
In other words, your genuineness brings up their genuine side. When you try to protect yourself by building a shell around yourself, people around you can feel it and thus they'll act the same way.
So, next time you say that some people aren't that friendly or phony, ask yourself: are you being unfriendly or phony to them too? I bet you're and if you care, someone will have take the first step by opening him/herself up :)
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
In an old post I once mentioned that I will play the piano version of La La La Love Song and post it on YouTube. On the last day of 2007, I finally did it. (just to make me feel that I did something meaningful in 2007 :P) Here it is, hope you like it :)